I actually felt a bit like super mum when I made first made these. I know, it doesn’t take a lot for me to puff up, and they are really easy to do.
WARNING – they are extremely lazy so plan to do them the day before you need them, or at the weekend when you can pop them in the oven and forget about them.
500 g of mixed fruit of your choice try;
Raspberries and mangos
Apple and strawberry
Pear, raspberry and apple
1. Pre heat oven to lowest setting. Mine is 60c.
2. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. (I like using the thin, very shallow trays.)
3. Peel, chop, hull fruit as appropriate.
4. Put the fruit into a pan over a low heat for 5-10mins with the lid on. Till the fruit becomes soft and all the juices have seeped out.
5. Tip the mushed fruit and liquid into a sieve over a bowel or a large jug. Press the fruit through and scrape any soft flesh off the bottom of the sieve into the jug too.
6. Pour this liquid gently into the tray and spread a little to ensure it is even (ish).
7. Extremely carefully manoeuvre to the oven and leave it for 6-7 hours.
8. When you take the tray out you should be able to peel the fruit layer off the greaseproof paper. If there are sticky patches put it back in the oven for another hour.
9. I like to cut mine into strips and wind, but you could use cookie cutters and cut out shapes too.